Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Things I do for my Environment

Brainstorming: Things I did today
1] Get up
2] Brush my teeth, take a shower
3] Eat breakfast (toast)
4] Take out the trash
5] Walk to school

Everyday the things that we do affect the environment and I for one never really noticed, nor did I care until after a certain teacher of mine talked to us about the environment and how we affect it. That was when I was in the junior year in High School. Did you know that out of the five things I did today, four of those things directly affect the environment. From Brushing my teeth and taking a shower which uses up water, to toasting my bread which used up electricity, to walking to school everything practically everything that I did affected the environment.

I try to make it so that most of the things that I do affect the environment positively or at least in the least negative way. I do that by recycling my trash , try to use as little water as possible, use and turn off electrical devices so that I save electricity and walking or taking the train to school instead of driving, which reduces the amount of pollution. I'm still not doing all that I can do, but at least I started trying to help the environment. Did You?

You can start by recycling your garbage as there are many benefits from recycling.

No comments: