Sunday, May 25, 2008

The Green Book

There are many things a person can do for the enviornment. Some are easy to do while others are hard. Hard not because the task is hard, but because it is hard for the person to commit to doing the task as it interfers with their way of life and are unwilling to make that change.

There are already some things that a person can do that are very easy:

1. Reduce that amount of electrical power and natural gas use. This is very easy to do as all you have to do ia turn off any electrical power that you are not using. I do this too, I try to save as much electrical power as I can, not only because it helps save energy and money, but also because it reduces the amount of harmful pollutions that can lead to global warming.

2. Another thing that I find really easy to do is to recycle my garbage. All you have to do is seperate the garbage into three sections, paper, plastic, and the waste. It's Really easy and it makes it so that you don't need any raw materials that are used to make things. That's good because as i've said before it reduces the amount of harmful pollutions sent into the atmosphere.

3. Taking a shorter shower can also be beneficial as it saves a lot water. Turning off the tap while you brush, or are soaping the dishes is also a good method to save water. Every minute can make a difference and it's not something hard, its very easy thing to do.

There are many little everyday things that you can do to make a difference.

And some of those things that I do are :
1. use the library or buy second second hand books as a method of decreasing the amount of trees being cut down.
2. renting DVD'd instead of buying them, this also saves a lot of money.
3. and as i've mentioned before, saving water by using less water.
4. turn off the lights when I am not using them, it saves energy and money.
5. When I want to go somewhere, most times I either walk there (if it's not far) or use the metro to get there. This saves a lot of gas as if were to use a car to move around, it would use up a lot of gas and would also help pollute the air.

(#"s 3-5) Sometimes you have to get used to things to make them easy and that is how it was for me when I first started doing these things. They were a bit hard to get used to, as I sometimes forgot to turn off the lights or the water tap but after some time, they became natural to me and I got used to doing them.

2 comments:

Doctor X said...

nice entry! and you are absolutely right--some of these habits are a bit hard at first, but once you get going they ebcome part of life...

Marie said...

I hate the C building in the summer. But anyways,I have to agree with you, about walking or taking the metro. Walking not only that it saves money for gas, is also helps you stay strong, healthy and in good shape. However i find it hard to turn the water when washing the dishes.