Sunday, May 4, 2008

Progress Report

My topic is going to be about the Katrina disaster which took place in New Orleans. I'm going to be writing about how the people that lived there (a lot of them poor African Americans) were affected.

The reason that I chose this topic was because it clearly shows that racism still exists. Just because there are now equal writes for all races does not mean that racism has stopped.

So far a lot of my sources are articles written about the issues dealing with Katrina and the racism going on in New Orleans right after Katrina hit.

One thing that I want is to get a book for a sourse for my paper. I plan on going to the library and seeing if I can find a good book on Katrina.

1 comment:

Doctor X said...

The topic sounds about right. I wish you had given more specifics, though, so I could help you more. In particular, WHO are you writing to? Are you trying to convince someone about something?

I would check Brandon's blog "RESTART" and my reponse to him because he is writing on the same topic.